adsense

Custom Search

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Seedy bread

So in my previous post I had mentioned how I've been baking bread instead of buying bread from the grocery store. The breads that I had made thus far where all using white flour and all tended to be a little too dry for my liking. I'm not sure if it is the recipes or if its the white flour but I thought I would make my own recipe to see if I could fix the problem.
First off, I decided to make a healtheir bread using half wheat and half white flour for a nuttier taste as well. I didn't want it to be just some plain boring ole wheat bread, so I added flaxseed for added flavor and since I have IBS this helps my digestive system regulate better. I also put in some poppyseeds for a splash of color and I threw in 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce to see if it would help put moisture in the bread. Also, I've started using Agave nectar in some of my baking and to be honest, I love it SO much more than regular sugar! So I added some agave nectar for a hint of sweetness and to help preserve the bread a little longer. It came out really well and it is such a soft bread and I don't feel as bad eating more of it because it is made from wheat. ;-) I'm a carb girl that is for sure!
SEEDY WHEAT BREAD
(2 lb loaf)
1 1/2 C warm water
1 Tbs olive oil
3 TBs Agave nectar
1/2 ts salt
2 1/4 C Whole wheat flour
1 1/4 C A.P flour
1/4 C unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 Tbs flaxseed
1 1/2 Tbs poppyseeds
2 ts actie dry yeast
Put ingredients into bread machine in order listed. Oh so delicious!



1 comment:

thisgoodhearth said...

Mmmmm.....can't wait to taste that when I'm up there!
Yes, the Agave nectar is really great for sugar subbing!